About The Church
Pastor L. Howard Sexton was called into the ministry in December 1990. He has served in the pastoral ministry since December 1991. He is presently serving as the Pastor of Rebirth Missionary Baptist Church since July 2005.
He received his Associate of Art degree from Spartanburg Methodist College in 1994. He has received further studies in pastoral ministry at North Greenville College located in Tigerville, South Carolina.
Pastor Sexton has been married to Mrs. Venita Sexton for the past 35 years. To that union they have one son and two daughters. They are also blessed with one grandson, three granddaughters and one God son.
He firmly holds to Romans 1:16 (KJV),
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
Rebirth Missionary Baptist Church was founded at Taylors Library on July 23, 2005. The founding membership voted on the name ReBirth Baptist Church initially, and we search hard and with much prayer using Matt: 28:v19-20, and we decided to change our name to Rebirth Missionary Baptist Church. We wanted to seek those who are lost and in need of a Savior.
Rebirth Missionary Baptist Church is a congregation of believers dedicated to worshipping God, to attaining spiritual maturity through knowledge and application of God's Word and to communicating God's Word to others. Rebirth Missionary Baptist Church: word-teaching, worshipping, witnessing.
Our Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus was born of a virgin.
- Jesus died on the cross for mankind's sins and was bodily resurrected so that whosoever will may be justified and declared righteous before God the Father.
- Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father and reigns as the Son of the Living God, King of kings and Lord of lords.
- There is a blessed hope of the personal, visible, future return of Jesus to this earth to receive to Himself His blood-bought Church that it may be with Him forever.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin and declared right with God is through repentance, faith in the precious blood of Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Ghost.
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion in water should be administered to all those who have repented of their sin and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The ordinances of the Lord's Supper should be observed regularly as enjoined by the Scriptures.
- The baptism with the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, is an experience subsequent to salvation that equips the believer for effective service and is given to believers who ask for it.
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross includes healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. Divine healing is for all.
- The blood and the name of Jesus sets the captive free.
- God desires the prosperity of His children.
- Worship is the believer's greatest privilege and calling.
- Personal witnessing is the believer's responsibility.
- The Holy Spirit who dwells in every believer provides the ability to live a holy life.
Worship Service Times
|1st Sunday (Only)|
|Sunday School:||8:00 a.m.|
|Worship service:||9:00 a.m.|
|2nd - 5th Sunday|
|Sunday School:||9:00 a.m.|
|Worship service:||10:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday Bible Study:||7:00 p.m.|